Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Juicers Galore


I've had quite of few people ask what type of juicer they should invest in? The answer to that really depends on how much you want to spend and which type of juicer you want.

There are two kinds- centrifugal juicers and masticating juicer...s, or slow juicers. Centrifugal juicers are the most common juicer that you see in stores because they are the most economic. They work by spinning round very fast which separates the juice from the pulp. Depending on which machine you purchase, your pulp will still be somewhat wet, meaning that not all of the juice was extracted.

The masticating juicers or slow juicers function by kneading the vegetables. They are a bit pricier, but also more effective at extracting all of the juice. If you want to juice wheatgrass you really need a slow juicer. Otherwise it's kind of a waste of money. The Hurom slow juicer is a very popular model. It gets great reviews. It will run you a few hundred dollars though. I would love to have one of these, but it's definitely not in the budget right now. By all means, if you can afford it, go ahead and get it.

I've had a couple of juicers. My first was a Jack Lalane. I loved it as far as ease of use, but it was a pain in the butt to clean and the blade would jam up now and again. Now I have a Breville Juice Fountain Plus. It was $100 and I love it. It's easy to use and easy to clean. I've never had any problems with it.

You can really spend anywhere from $100-$500 on a juicer. It's just up to you. If you're new to juicing, I recommend starting out with a less expensive model until you get into it. Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment