Monday, April 15, 2013

Go-To Green Juice

This is my Go-To Green Juice. I call it that because the is my most-basic green juice and it's the one I make the most because I usually always have the ingredients in my fridge. This is a GREAT cleansing juice and it will definitely get your lymphatic system flowing! It's loaded with B vitamins and iron to give you an awesome energy boost! The apple gives it a little sweetness. The ginger gives it a bit of spice and the lemon cuts the bitterness of the kale. It's perfectly balanced and delicious!

Ingredients:
-1 head of kale
-4-5 stalks of celery
-2 lemons
-1 apple
-1 inch knob of fresh ginger

Special Equipment:
-You will need a juicer for this recipe. Alternately, if you don't have a juicer, you can use a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtec and then strain out the pulp through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth. I do not recommend drinking this as a smoothie, unless you add in another fruit component such as pineapple or strawberries. It will be VERY veggie-tasting and pretty bitter. If you're a serious veg-head and you want to try it out, go for it, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Directions:
-Chuck it all in the juicer. Enjoy immediately, on an empty stomach is best.

*Please use organic ingredients whenever possible.

www.facebook.com/happyhealthnut

No comments:

Post a Comment