Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day One of Spring Juice Cleanse

Day one of my Spring Juice Cleanse went really well I felt. I think most people think that hunger will be their main issue. For me it wasn't much of an issue at all. Admittedly it was a bit challenging when I cooked my husband and little one dinner and then joined them at the table while they ate and I drank my juice. Thankfully my husband is doing a bit of spring cleaning as well and requested a dinner of assorted veggies and fruit so it wasn't like I was missing out on a nice juicy ribeye or anything. The more challenging part for me is the lack of caffeine. I usually suggest to people that they get off of caffeine the week prior to a cleanse. However, I did not follow my own advice. I worked third shift all last week and all bets are off when it comes to caffeine when I'm working. But I was anxious to start my juice feast so I just took the plunge and decided to deal with it. And boy am I. Can you say HEADACHE? It came on about noon yesterday and has not left me. It can't last forever though so I'll just work through it. I do, however, have a rule that I don't work out when I have a headache. It just never turns out well. So I'm going to skip the vigorous stuff and go for a nice long walk. At least I'll get my blood pumping and get a good sweat! It's also worth noting that I got the sudden urge for a nap yesterday, which is odd for me. I'm not usually a nap person but I absolutely HAD to have a 45 minute siesta. I woke up feeling much better! I'm thinking that was likely just related to the lack of coffee, but who knows.

So here are the juices that I drank yesterday. I don't think I drank quite enough yesterday so today I'm going to shoot for more I think.

AM Juice:
-1 head of kale
-4 ribs of celery
-2 lemons
-1 apple
-1 knuckle of ginger

Afternoon Juice:
I took some help from Whole foods since I was there getting supplies for my juices!
-2 ounce shot of wheatgrass
-juice of kale, lemon and celery

PM Juice:
-1 large beet
-1 head of red swiss chard
-5 carrots
-1 grapefruit
-2 inch piece of burdock root
This recipe made two LARGE juices. I drank one for dinner and saved the other for my hubby!

I also drank about 64 ounces of water, some with lemon and I had about 3 cups of dandelion tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment