Friday, June 14, 2013

Day Three Sping Juice Cleanse

Ahhhh...I just broke my fast with some delicious watermelon. Watermelon has never tasted so good!

Overall yesterday went pretty well. I woke up feeling great with lots of energy, which may have actually been to my detriment. I decided I would get a little wild and crazy and go for a run (well really a run/walk...that usually works out better for me). However, I made a few minor oversights. 1. I was on my third day of a juice cleanse. 2. I was just coming back from taking two weeks off of working out. 3. I'm likely quite anemic due to the fact that I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. 4. It was 90 degrees and humid! EPIC FAIL on my part. Somewhere about halfway through my three mile route, I had to stop at a stoplight, at which time I instantly felt as if I would pass out and/or vomit. Luckily there was a bench right next to me. So I sat and rested and drank some water. Then I proceeded to walk the rest of the way back (about another mile and a half) and even that was a major challenge. I usually tell people not to do too vigorous of a workout when they're cleansing. Why can't I follow my own advice? Oh well. I'm human. Lesson learned!

After I finally got myself and my little one up the 63 steps to our apartment, I needed a nap! So I got in a 30 minute power nap and woke up feeling much better! The rest of the day was pretty much smooth sailing! I even went back out again and walked to the farmer's market. By last night however, I was definitely ready for something to chew on! Watching my husband eat his salad was pretty brutal. I was definitely ready for some food! So I went to bed early in anticipation of waking up this morning feeling great, ready to break my fast! 

Here's what I drank yesterday for my feast:

Breakfast juice:
-1 beet
-1 head of celery
-1 grapefruit
-1 lemon
-1 knuckle of ginger

Lunch Juice:
-1 head of lacinto kale
-8 carrots
-1 apple
-1 cucumber
-2 lemons
-1 inch piece of burdock root

Dinner Juice:
-1 bunch of dandelion greens
-2 oranges
-2 lemons
-1 zucchini
-1 apple
-1 knuckle of ginger

I also drank upwards of a gallon of water yesterday and about 4 cups of dandelion tea. If it seems like you would have to be constantly drinking in order to consume that much liquid in a day, you are right. For the most part, you are always drinking something! But hydration is key in a juice cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment