Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day Two Spring Juice Cleanse

Day two of Spring Juice Cleanse...success! I had hoped to wake up yesterday morning with no headache, but alas, it was still there and raging! Since I have a rule against working out when I have a headache, I decided that the little one and I would go for a nice long brisk walk. Since it was 90 degrees with about 100% humidity here yesterday, I figured maybe that would help me sweat it out.  Sure enough, by afternoon my headache was gone. The rest of the day was pretty much smooth sailing, except that by evening I noticed that I was quite edgy (and that's putting it politely). It did get a bit tough as I sat at the dinner table watching my husband inhale the delicious grilled chicken salad with roasted beets and balsamic dressing that I made him, but not even close to the point where I even considered breaking my fast. My husband and I were discussing my fast at dinner and he made the comment that he thought he could never do that because he would be too hungry. But as I said yesterday, suprisingly I don't really feel hungry. It's really not as difficult as you would think it would be. So here is what I had yesterday- day two of my juice feast!

Breakfast Juice:
-1 Beet
-1 head of red swiss chard
-1 grapefruit
-5 stalks of celery
-1 apple

Lunch Juice:
-1 head of dandelion greens
-6 carrots
-2 inch knuckle of ginger
-1 cucumber
-1 apple

Dinner Juice:
-1 head of kale
-5 stalks of celery
-2 lemons
-1/2 pineapple
-2 inch knob ginger

So I mentioned yesterday that I thought that on day one I didn't consume enough liquid. So for day two I almost doubled my juices. But I also added water to them to stretch them out!That's a good tip when you're juice fasting. It can be a bit pricey so there is nothing wrong with thinning them out a bit. I also drank substantially more water, nearly a gallon. And I had 4 cups of dandelion tea. Overall I felt much better yesterday! Now for day three! The last day!

No comments:

Post a Comment